"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
--Theodore Roosevelt



Sunday, April 10, 2011

What Ever Happened?

To this blog?  As much as I hate to admit, this blog has gotten away from me.  It's been over a month since my last post and my only excuse is that you probably wouldn't have found my posts very uplifting and inspirational.  More likely than not they would have been really depressing.  Basically every post would have gone something like this:  "My knee/ankle is still bothering me...I'm not sure I'll actually make it out to Hopkinton.  Stay tuned for more updates."

Well here we are, 8 days until Marathon Monday.  My leg is still not completely healed (in fact it's probably in worse shape but more about that later) but I'll be out at the start line nonetheless.  This week I'm going to try to make up for lost time.  I'll tell you about some notable things that have been happening over the past couple of weeks including the cross-training I've been doing in lieu of running during the week, my vacation to Ireland and the UK, and the infamous 20 mile training run.  On Saturday we'll kick off the exciting events of race day weekend and then finally the Boston Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment