"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
--Theodore Roosevelt



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Official!

A few weeks ago, I received a voicemail when I got home from work from Team In Training (TNT). I've been accepted to be a part of their Boston Marathon team!! There's no turning back at this point...

So what is Team In Training and what do I have to do to get myself to the starting line on April 18th? Team In Training is a branch of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society which started 1988 in Westchester County, NY when Bruce Cleland and 38 other runners raised over $300K to run the New York Marathon in honor of his daughter Georgia, a leukemia survivor. TNT has complete 16- to 20-month training programs for a variety of endurance programs such as triathlons, hikes, and of course, marathons. As part of the program, I'll have coaches, a mentor, group training runs, and various clinics to make sure I have the proper gear, nutrition, and injury prevention information to get me to the starting line and across the finish line with minimal lasting scars.

The Boston Athletic Association (BAA) sets a fundraising minimum for all charities since registration is limited and the marathon is so popular (regular registration filled up in 9 hours for 2011!). This year, the fundraising minimum is $3,250. It's a daunting task but I think, with the help of my friends and family, I can do it. Visit my fundraising page if you'd like to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment